Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Wow! Halloween is so much fun when you have a little one to tag along with! We started the evening by going to a big Halloween party put on by PRAM, the mother's group that I participate in. We followed that with trick-or-treating. We brought some new friends with us who just moved here from Chile. This was their first ever Halloween, so it was even more fun to share the fun with them. It's a crazy concept---knock on someone's door, and they give you candy?! Once Evan discovered the pattern, he was hooked!

This was taken Thursday at another Halloween party, but it's one of the only moments he would keep his hat on. Evan dressed up as the local cowboy sherrif (thank you, Audrey, for the costume!!).


At the PRAM party. Evan has been doing pumpkin weightlifting all week! Can you find him? (From Mark: I was amazed, he actually succeeded in lifting some pretty big pumpkins, including the one he's working on in the photo, I felt like I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.)




FYI: I'm eating some of Evan's halloween candy as I write...I'm a bad, bad girl...

The 2nd house, and Evan doesn't have a clue...


Lots of people had SF Giants jack-o-lanterns in honor of the world series (and were watching the game while we were knocking on doors).



After the 5th house, Evan discovers what all those people were putting in his bag!

He was really excited to discover m&m's (he knows them well)!

Sharing his lollipop with a dog!



Evan couldn't say "trick-or-treat," so instead, when someone would come to the door, I would ask Evan what a lion says, and then he would give a good roar to the person at the door!

By this time it was getting really hard to keep his arm out of the bag...

This is Evan's "satisfied look."


I'm much more of a Christmas decoration person myself, but I was impressed with the Halloween devotion displayed at this house! Plus, they handed out really good candy. :)

And...on a different note, we visited the zoo last week in the rain. It was great fun! Evan's lower lip in this photo is too cute not to share!

And Thanksgiving is next!! I love being back home and getting to celebrate these holidays as part of the culture around me. I think it's going to be a very thankful month!

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

Kendra, you look amazing. I miss your smile!

Evan will soon be taller than me. Not quite sure how I feel about that ;) He's so cute. Thank you for the pictures!