Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Remind me...where am I?

Evan and I went to the local farmer's market today, and I saw some beautiful red onions that I immediately wanted for a recipe I've been reading about. I excitedly asked the girl behind the stand for 3 of the red onions, but she looked at me strangely as she walked to the red onions. I just pointed to them, and then she said to me "...you can choose them, you know." I realized in this moment that I was treating the situation the way I would have in France (in many cases in France you let the vendor choose, and I always assumed this before touching any vegetables at a market)!

Note to self: When going to a farmer's market in CA, follow these steps:

1. Choose vegetables
2. Put them in the available plastic bags
3. Give the bag to the vendor
4. Let the vendor weigh it, and then pay for it.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

That's totally le awesome. ;)

Sara said...

he,he, love it

Jeff and Sharon said...

Oui! Oui! All ze way home!